Whether you’ve recently stocked up on gel nail strips during Danni & Toni’s Black Friday sale, or have a variety of nails sitting around from the past year (or beyond!), you may be wondering how is the best way to store and protect them. If you are giving a gift set or sharing gel nails at a party with family and friends, this might also come up. Don’t worry – we are here to help with the information here!
Why is it Important to Store Your Gel Nails Well?
Storing and protecting semi-cured gel nail strips is very important to ensuring their longevity and effectiveness. Proper storage helps maintain the quality of your gel nail wraps, preventing them from drying out or becoming damaged.
Conversely, if you do not store nails properly, it can make the quality and longevity of them reduced. It could also make the colors of them become faded or not as nice, especially if exposed to direct sunlight for long periods of time.
The good news is that it is not very complicated or hard to store your gel nail strips well. In fact, it mostly requires a few main considerations.
How Long Can You Keep Nail Strips Stored For?
The longevity of nail strip quality depends somewhat on the brand and production process behind the nails. This is one of many reasons why it is important to choose a respected and strong brand when purchasing your gel nails. Cheaper brands may seem to be cost-effective on the surface, but they will not last as well and you will likely discover the overall value to not be worth it over time.
When you get Danni & Toni gel nail stickers, you’ll know ha they have been made to last for a long time. You will notice when you get the nails that they are more protected than other brands you have probably gotten. Inside of the white outer box, the nails are kept inside a white envelope, and then are sealed in a black protective sleeve. This sleeve is designed to protect the nails from damage and wear, as well as to help them last as long as possible.
When kept unopened in the black sleeve, Danni & Toni gel nail strips can last for years without taking damage or losing quality.
After the nail strips are opened, they can still be kept for many months if preserved correctly.
Guidelines for Protecting Your Nail Strips as Long as Possible:
1. Store in a Cool and Dark Environment:
- Store the semi-cured gel nail strips in a cool and dark environment to prevent exposure to heat and light, which can adversely affect their composition.
- Consider using a storage box or drawer away from direct sunlight, as UV rays can cause the gel strips to harden prematurely or fade colors.
2. Keep Packaging as Air-Tight as Possible
- When possible, keep the gel nail strips in their original airtight packaging to protect them from air and moisture. Exposure to air can lead to the strips drying out and losing their adhesive properties.
- If the original packaging is opened, transfer the strips to a resealable plastic bag, ensuring all air is removed before sealing.
3. Avoid Extreme Temperatures
- Steer clear of extreme temperatures, both hot and cold, as they can negatively impact the semi-cured gel strips. High temperatures may cause the gel to melt, while freezing temperatures can alter their texture and effectiveness.
4. Store Gel Nails Vertically
- Store the gel nail strips vertically rather than horizontally. This minimizes the chances of the strips sticking together or warping, ensuring that each strip remains separate and intact.
5. Store Gel Nails Vertically
- Place a small packet of silica gel or rice in the storage container to absorb any excess moisture. Moisture can lead to the degradation of the gel strips, affecting their adhesion and overall quality.
By following these guidelines, you can effectively store and protect your semi-cured gel nail strips, preserving their quality and ensuring they are ready for use whenever you need them!